question

John avatar image
John asked

Promo code limit in playfab ?

Hello.

I know that there is a limit of promo codes that someone can generate in Appstore and Google play and that in Appstore can be used only for the purchase of the game and not for in-app purchases.

1) I would like to know if there is also a limit to the promo codes I can generate via playfab.

2) Use the promo codes in Appstore via Playfab for in-app purchases.

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The codes generated on the Promotions->Coupons tab in the PlayFab Game Manager are for use with the RedeemCoupon API call in our service, and they are indeed for in-game purchases (items in your game catalog). Via the Game Manager, you can create up to 100 coupons at a time. If you need more than that, you can open a ticket with our support team in the Game Manager (click ? in the upper right, and select Contact), if you're in any paid tier, or here in the forums if you're in our free tier. Please be sure to specify the Title ID, Catalog Version, Item ID, and number needed. And please note that we will only generate (and send to you) coupons for the title in question if you are a studio administrator.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John avatar image
John answered

What to you mean "at a time" ? I will launch a crowdfunding campaign and wanted to know (in the possibility of high demand), if there is a problem at creating up to a thousand.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As I said, if you need more than the 100 you can generate via the Game Manager, you can submit a request via a ticket or here in the forums, as described above. We can make larger batches here, in our internal toolset. If you want to just create 100 ten times, you can do that, as well - just trying to save you the effort. :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.