question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

Link button disappeared in GameManager

The plus button to link a new account has gone. Hope you are changing something and it will return soon.

Account Managementgame manager
mhgsskvfpdm.jpg (35.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Link option was a convenient way to set a Device/Custom ID up as being linked to a player account, but it was causing some confusion as linking any authentication mechanism which is dependent upon a token, like Facebook, Steam, etc., would not be set up correctly. For now, I would recommend using Postman to set up linked accounts on players (https://api.playfab.com/sdks/postman), as that flow uses the actual Client API calls, setting up the correct credentials. If folks find it useful to set up the simple credential links (like Device/Custom ID) via the Game Manager, we can look at re-adding that in a future update of the Game Manager.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

Please put back Android/IOS device links if you can. Many players ask me to move their accounts to new devices. I don't want to use Google or Facebook because it will allow players to sell their accounts so I transfer accounts manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

We have a work item open on this, and we'll get the simple auth systems back in as soon as we can.

1 Like 1 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz brendan commented ·

Is there such function in Server API so I could make a cloud script? Or maybe I can use Client API in cloud script?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

Thank you for returning this feature back!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.