question

icaro avatar image
icaro asked

Custom Payment Integration

Hi Playfab,

We integrated a custom payment gateway with playfab and we need how track the payment and conversion data in playfab.

I'm using GrantItemsToUser function to give the item with real money price, but it seems that playfab doesn't show this event in the dashboard.

Thanks,

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There isn't a price field in the Grant calls, as they're not tied to revenue tracking - they're specifically just used to add items to players without any cost. Right now, in order to have revenue tracking in PlayFab, you would need to use one of our integrated payment providers. We will be adding a Server-side API call to "inject" payment info into the service in a future update, but we don't have a date for that as of yet. I'll add the info on this thread to the backlog item we have tracking that, so that we know to reply here when it is available.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijaysharma17 avatar image vijaysharma17 commented ·

Hi @Brendan

Can we integrate the third party payment gateways which are not partnered with you right now? We are planning to use Paytm or CitrusPay. Just checking if its allowed? If it still has any feature limitations as your earlier answer is more than a year old. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan vijaysharma17 commented ·

Payment systems are high-security services. So any payment service that is directly integrated in PlayFab would have to be one for which we've dedicated resources to enabling that transaction layer - there's no open standard for this.

As such, if a payment system is not integrated with PlayFab, you would need to integrate it in your title separately, using the existing API set.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnsoncodehk avatar image johnsoncodehk brendan commented ·

What are the available existing APIs?

I don't need Playfab for receipt verification and automatic item assignment. I just want the player consumption record to be displayed on the dashboard for statistics.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.