question

jonathanrousseau33 avatar image
jonathanrousseau33 asked

Track player value to date without receipt validation

My store is working with google play and iOS.

I do not use Playfab inventory system.

I just need a simple way to keep track of players purchases.

I already have a receipt validation system in my game. Once the purchase is validated, I'd like to be able to associate a purchase with this player just to know Value to date of my players.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you're only doing receipt validation on the client, you're vulnerable to a variety of hacks, the most common of which is a receipt substitution attack. With titles were live before adding PlayFab, what we find when they turn on receipt validation is that a significant percentage of their users are using one of the readily-available tools for that, which send up an old receipt for a purchase in "Cut the Rope 2" in order to cheat the purchase system. That's specifically one of the things we protect against with our implementation.

To get started with receipt validation, you do need to set up a catalog in the Economy tab. The Product ID of items in the iTunes/Google Play stores must match an ItemId in your catalog - that's part of how we protect titles from receipt hacks.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonathanrousseau33 avatar image jonathanrousseau33 commented ·

My receipt validation already protects me from that. I just want to track purchases for statistics. So I know who bought what.

Is it possible to send a purchase event without validation?

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jonathanrousseau33 commented ·

No, our iTunes/Google Play receipt validation is specifically how you would add purchase events to the service. We'll be adding a Server API call to "inject" purchase info into revenue tracking in a future update, but we don't have a date for that just yet. I'll add this thread to our tracking info for that backlog item.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@kemojo.com avatar image brandon@kemojo.com commented ·

I would also like to use said injection tools when they're done. We also do not use the PlayFab inventory system and have our own internal validations systems to protect us from counterfeiting. But not being able to track VTD is a pain.

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brandon@kemojo.com commented ·

Agreed - this is a known issue that we want to fix as soon as we can.

0 Likes 0 ·
terrypapamarkou avatar image terrypapamarkou brendan commented ·

Is this possible yet? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.