question

paok4890 avatar image
paok4890 asked

Problem with Google Sign-In with Playfab

I have a problem with implementing the Google play sign-in as show in your blog here

I have followed the instructions, and the problem lies at the google part of the authentication.

More particular at the line with code at the example:

Social.localUser.Authenticate((success) => {

success is false.

Moreover, I have a remark regarding the tutorial, you mention in the "prerequisites" step 3:

It is preferred that you already have a game created in the play.google.com/apps/publish dashboard (although it is not a requirement).

My remark regarding this step is that having a (Draft) project (Draft because we are currently in development) at play.google.com/apps/publish dashboard, does not mean that there will be a project in Google developer console, as I understand that you mean in "Setup for google" step 2.

You have to create a game service in google game services in order to already have a project there. Thus creating a project is still necessary if you do not have game services. This goes both ways i.e. creating a project in Google developer console does not mean that a project will automatically appear in play.google.com/apps/publish.

Is creating a google play services project and configuring that Project in "Setup for Google" a requirement to make it work?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Yes you are correct that it does not automatically create a project for you. But if you have one created, it shows in the dropdown. So that is why we say it is preferred but not required.

as for Google Play Services, yes you have to create a client id. All the steps are to get you the Client ID & Secret that you need to populate in the GPG plugin.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.