question

max avatar image
max asked

Unlinking an iOS device from the Game Manager shows an error, but does unlink successfully

Whenever we try to unlink an iOS device via the Game Manager, the popup appears and asks if we're sure to unlink. Pressing unlink on this popup again shows this error:

"An error occurred while loading data from the server. PlayFab engineers have been notified of the issue and will investigate."

Nonetheless, everything works fine and the device is successfully unlinked. When reloading the page, the device link is no longer shown.

Browser: Chrome
Title ID: D73D
Example user that showed the issue: 42B287853399EE0A

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Ah, I see. This issue specifically occurs when you are removing the only valid login mechanism for an account. So, in the case of the player account in question, it was created with an iOS device ID, and no other login mechanisms had been associated with it. So, removing the iOS device ID would orphan the account (making it so that there was no way to sign into it). Thanks - I'll open a bug with the Game Manager team to update the error to be more specific.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

max avatar image max commented ·

Ah, I see. I was specifically my intention to orphan the account, so that I can test the new player setup mechanism again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.