question

david.a.diaz@gmail.com avatar image
david.a.diaz@gmail.com asked

Unity - WebGL: Facebook Secure Canvas URL in CDN, is it possible?

Hello,

Is it possible to upload the html5 build to the AWS CDN and configure it in the Secure Canvas URL of facebook? The problem I noticed is that the urls returned by the GetContentDownloadUrl call have some extra parameters for the GET request, for example to access the Config.txt file, the CDN URL returned is:

https://pf-content-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/4743/etc/Config.txt?AWSAccessKeyId=AWS_ACCESS_KEY&Expires=EXPIRATION_TIME&x-amz-security-token=SECURITY_TOKEN&Signature=SIGNATURE

I tried accessing just

https://pf-content-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/4743/etc/Config.txt

But I get an access denied error, to access the file the extra parameters are needed.

Is there a way do describe the CDN URL so that it can be just pasted in the Secure Canvas URL field in facebook?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, our Content service returns only temporary, signed URLs, which would preclude this. We are discussing providing static URLs for some content, but I would still advise against using that for game hosting. While CDN is designed for hosting static content, pricing is based purely on outbound traffic there's no guarantee that this would actually result in much a cost savings versus a standard game hosting or drop-box type service. In addition, since there's no provision for writing logging information to the CDN, you would be limited to what you write to the user data storage in PlayFab for all monitoring. This would mean then needing to use an analytics provider to be able to do solid analysis of usage patterns.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david.a.diaz@gmail.com answered

I see, it's just that I want as few third parties as possible on my game I already have all my content configured with PlayFab, the mobile clients as well as the webgl client are all downloading asset bundles using the PlayFab API without any problem. It would be great if along the facebook add-on you guys would offer a place to host the game, having a 100MB limit or something like that to make it clear that this place is just for the game and that the content would still need the CDN.

Regards

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

And we do want to make the process of creating and running your games as simple as possible. We may well offer a game hosting service at some point in the future, but I'm afraid it's not on the roadmap currently.

10 |1200

david.a.diaz@gmail.com answered

Oki, no problem =D

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.