question

undertheweatherllc avatar image
undertheweatherllc asked

Can I use ExecuteCloudScript while connect to a Photon server?

It seems that when I call ExecuteCloudScript() from my client, I successfully get a response from the server, followed by a "Got a unexpected Disconnect in LoadBalancingClient State: JoinedLobby". Does this mean that I should just use Photon calls at this point? Like, say, OpCustom(OperationCode.WebRpc, ...)? Or what else might be suggested to do?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

undertheweatherllc avatar image undertheweatherllc commented ·

I also just tried OpWebRpc() from Photon's LoadBalancingClient with the "helloWorld" function, and also got a Disconnect immediately after.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, the only links between Photon and PlayFab are that we provide a call to get an auth token (which isn't relevant to this case), and our Photon Realtime configuration for PlayFab titles means that if you're using the App ID from our Game Manager, you automatically call Cloud Script via webhooks. But there's nothing about our Photon integration which would have any affect on the code flow you describe. The ExecuteCloudScript call does not do anything which would impact the Photon Cloud. You may want to post this question to the Exit Games forums, to get additional info on using those calls.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

undertheweatherllc avatar image undertheweatherllc commented ·

Just to close this one out, this was an EBKAC (error between keyboard and chair). My UI event was both calling ExecuteCloudScript and re-attempting a login at the same time....

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan undertheweatherllc commented ·

No worries - glad to hear you tracked it down!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.