question

undertheweatherllc avatar image
undertheweatherllc asked

Where does log.debug() and log.info() output to?

It's great that CloudScript has log.debug() and log.info(), but when I try to execute helloWorld(), I don't know where the output of these calls goes to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

All the log entries are returned in the LogStatement part of the response to the ExecuteCloudScript call (https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/ExecuteCloudScript). We'll be providing additional debugging options for Cloud Script in future releases, as well.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

undertheweatherllc avatar image undertheweatherllc commented ·

Holy cow you respond fast. Thanks for the reply! I didn't get as quick a response on the Unity forums.

0 Likes 0 ·
undertheweatherllc avatar image undertheweatherllc commented ·

So, I call helloWorld via Run Cloudscript from GameManager, and I get a SUCCESS on the right side, of the page. But my OnOperationResponse handler doesn't fire in my client. I'm in the master server if that matters. Is there something I'm missing here?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan undertheweatherllc commented ·

Sorry, I have no idea how your code is organized. When are you calling OnOperationResponse? What do you mean concerning "master server"? Are you referring to the old Unity Master Server model?

0 Likes 0 ·
undertheweatherllc avatar image undertheweatherllc brendan commented ·

Eh, I realize I'm mixing a lot of Photon terms. Apologies. I sort of figured out that running the Cloud Script from Game Manager won't invoke the handlers on the client, because calling ExecuteCloudScript from my client DOES invoke the handlers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
merlineus avatar image merlineus commented ·

And is there any output of log in the Game Manager?

For example if CloudScript function is running from action?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan merlineus commented ·

You can generate PlayStream events from Cloud Scripts triggered by actions. Just make sure to check the "Publish results as PlayStream event" option.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.