question

Esteban Gamelogic avatar image
Esteban Gamelogic asked

One Player account, one Game Currency, multiples titles

So I've seen some related question, but none seems to be clear enough for what I want to do. I know that User Publisher Data is designed to let you write/read data from different games if the player is using the same account (an account with the same customerId), but to use the Publisher Data I have to first write something into it and the data I need in sync between these two games is the Economy/Currencies/GameCredits currency I have.

So, how can I have more than one title changing an unified currency for a user?

An example of what I want:

• Player has 100 Game Credits.
  • Player goes into Game1 and spend 30 Game Credits.
  • Player now has 70 Game Credits.
  • Player goes into Game2 and tries to buy an item that cost 80 Game Credits.
  • Player can't buy it because it has 70 Game Credits.

I hope this is clear enough. Loving PlayFab so far :)

Player DataTitle DataIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't currently have support for a shared virtual currency across titles. User Publisher Data was created to make sure you had a way to share data between titles so that you could reward players for playing multiple games, have save data that can be imported into sequels, etc. You could potentially write the player VC balance to it when the player purchases something or gains VC, and then re-sync it on a login, but that wouldn't be secure and would be vulnerable to exploitation by clever users (by using multiple devices). If you want to add cross-title VC to our Feature Requests forum, that would allow others to vote on that feature - we prioritize in part based upon how many developers need any particular feature.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Esteban Gamelogic avatar image Esteban Gamelogic commented ·

Thanks for quick answer Brendan. I'll make sure to add it to the Feature Request forum since this is something we really want to implement in our games.

0 Likes 0 ·
accounts-4 avatar image
accounts-4 answered

Hi Brendan,

I have the same question but since this question was posted more than 6 years ago, I thought I bump it in case anything new was added to PlayFab?

If not, any suggestions as to how one would go about implementing this same-currency/same-inventory multi-title requirement?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.