question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

PlayFab API docs "Sample Request" btn stuck on "Please Wait"

I'm looking at https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/AddFriend

I've never seen a "try it" section before, whoa! This must be new?

Anyway, the button doesn't seem to do anything -- in Chrome, it never finishes initializing:

EDIT: Works in Waterfox, but not Chrome. Also, in Chrome, it's already "revealed" -- I don't have to click the "Try It" to see the fields. I tried to click it anyway, to init, but that didn't help.

pfinit.jpg (62.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's actually not new, but the new site layout makes it more apparent, I'd say. Glad you like it! :)

It looks like you weren't signed in for the attempt above, as there's no Title ID selected. I'll open a bug with the tools team to get that fixed, so that the Call API button is only active when all the info needed is there.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Just a heads up, this is still happening. I actually did login before visiting, yet it says I am logged out - it seems that it's looking at separate logins sessions. In fact, not only different sessions -- seems that cookies aren't working at all for the docs. I sign in, it bring sme to dash, I revisit the page, refresh >> and i'm not logged in. I can't seem to ever visit doc pages without the login button showing. However, just for Chrome. Not sure if Chrome handles cookies differently

0 Likes 0 ·
notworking.jpg (81.7 KiB)
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

I have just successfully tested TryItNow using:
Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10

I am able to use TryItNow correctly on multiple APIs.

Other possibilities: Sometimes our login gets wonky because our "website" is actually a bunch of different websites mostly working together.

Can you try logging out and logging back in again?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.