question

Jorge Ramirez avatar image
Jorge Ramirez asked

Add RM currency in server for testing

I want to test a RM transaction from my game to server, and I want to add some amount to my user account to buy a Golden Chest. I thought it would be possible to add some of this currency from server, like any other VC, but it seems I cannot. I just want to confirm that this is not possible.

While I was investigating, it seems that I need to follow this StartPurchase/PayForPurchase/ConfirmPurchase sequence. Is this the only way to buy some Item(s) with RM? Then, it means I cannot save RM VC in server, can I?

EDIT: I just check that last part further, and it seems I can't save a RM VC, and the sequence is a way to make a purchase with RM. But I got a lot of many more questions, like if this sequence has a window-show-UI already done or if I have to make my own, if it uses RM where does it go? to a bank account, to playfab or it turns only into analytics. It would be helpfull if exists some documentation with that information that maybe I skipped.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - RM is not a virtual currency. It stands for "real money" and can only be used as the price in a purchase operation (receipt validation can use it, though we take the purchase price from the call made whenever possible, and non-receipt validation always uses the catalog/store RM price).

To use the StartPurchase flow, you would need to use one of our integrated payment providers: Facebook, PayPal, Steam, or Xsolla. You can find the info on getting started on that here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/non-receipt-payment-processing

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jorge Ramirez avatar image Jorge Ramirez commented ·

Excelent!! thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jorge Ramirez avatar image Jorge Ramirez commented ·

Updated link here

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.