question

Jorge Ramirez avatar image
Jorge Ramirez asked

Virtual currency's recharge rates times are at specific hours in server, or after the players wastes it?

I hope I can explain myself, if not, I can explain myself further. I have in my Virtual Currency a coin called "Silver Coin" (SC) that opens a Silver chest (That is a bundle linked to a drop table), but that chest can only be opened once per day, and when the user open it using that coins as a cost, the user must wait 24 hours for the next coin to be added in uts currency.

My SC has a 1 Units/day recovery ratio and a maximum of 1, Now, my doubts enters now, this recovery ratio time, Is by a fixed time in the server, or it starts the moment the users uses that currency.

For example, if I use a SC at 11:00 PT, it will recover the next coin at 11:00 PT of the next day?

dataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - the way recharging currencies work is that when the currency has hit its max recharge level, it stops regenerating. As soon as the currency drops below its max recharge level, that starts the timer to when the next unit will recharge (based on your recharge rate). So, if you have set your max recharge limit to 1 and your recharge time to be 1 day, a player who has 1 SC and uses it at 11:00 Pacific time would regenerate 1 SC after 24 hours.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jorge Ramirez avatar image Jorge Ramirez commented ·

Perfect!! what a great implementation! It saved me a little work

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.