question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Photon room # from FriendInfo?

I could have sworn friend list's FriendInfo offers the Photon room #...... instead I can only see CurrentMatchmakerLobbyId -- if I have Photon connected, will the friend's room id fill this?

How can I find a friend's Photon room # if it's connected to Photon via PlayFab?

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but we've only ever provided the Lobby ID (custom game server) for friends in the FriendInfo, as we don't have direct access to the Lobby/Room ID in Photon Cloud. The best practice recommendations for finding/playing with friends in Photon Cloud are here, in the Exit Games docs: https://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime/current/reference/matchmaking-and-lobby#play_with_your_friends

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

I know what happened -- you guys share a class name, "FriendInfo" and I got confused. The workflow sort of sucked to get all the info I needed, but here is pretty much what I did below (too long here)

0 Likes 0 ·
Joseph Pascual avatar image
Joseph Pascual answered

Developers should included nicknames in (List<FriendInfo>friendList) arrays. Its very hard to get nicknames from friends specially its not on the lobby. its impossible. Im trying to work it out for hours

Hi, I think developers should put nicknames along on the List<friendInfo>, because Its not easy to populate friends at the same time their nicknames, I hope they included nicknames on friendInfo. Im struggling for hours just to get friends nicknames without going inside the lobby.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.