question

ali avatar image
ali asked

iOS Purchase Fails

Hello!

We've recently launched Almost a Hero on iOS and got featured by Apple. We're using playfab and very happy about it at the moment. Thanks for the great service.

Since we released the game and got the featuring we've been receiving a lot of emails for purchases that failed on validation side. These players are sending us their receipts as well, so they are not trying to trick us I assume. On our side, we never let the player start a purchase if the player is not logged in to playfab.

Our integration for iap is also correct. Most of the iap's are registered in playfab. But the amount of people sending a support mail for this issue is worrying us. There are probably some players who don't care to send an email as well.

Is there a place where I can get detailed information about Playfab Errors? Can we ask support from playfab team helping us on this matter by maybe checking our data? Any kind of help is much appreciated!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Congrats on being featured! If you can give us some specifics on the receipt validation attempts in question, we can certainly look into it. I can say that we're not seeing issues with valid receipts being rejected, so I suspect there may be other issues at play here. Looking at your error graph, I'm seeing "invalid receipt" errors, which would indicate receipts that simply don't pass the test for being good receipts for your title, but I'm also seeing errors that indicate that there are calls made to ValidateIOSReceipt with invalid parameters, as well as receipts passed in which don't have any items in them which match the ItemIds set up in the in-game catalog. The first thing I would recommend is checking the specific text of the Product IDs set up in the iTunes configuration, to make certain they exactly match the ItemIDs set up in your Primary Catalog in the Game Manager. But again, any details you can get us on specific receipts being rejected would help in tracking this down.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ali avatar image ali commented ·

Thanks a lot for your quick reply Brendan. Is it possible to see in an easier way why these validations fail? Only way I know is to mouse over in API Errors section which could be a real pain.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ali commented ·

Sorry, but we don't log all the details for all failed receipt validation requests for all titles (pretty much every popular title gets tons of fake receipt attempts). We're working on finding a way to provide more details on error messages, but for now the best thing to do would be to share with us some of the receipts players are saying they sent, so that we can have a look at those. Feel free to open a ticket, so that you're not posting them publicly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.