question

ariellarias avatar image
ariellarias asked

Check Inventory Cross Titles

Hi,

Is it possible to check Inventory of a player crossing titles? Let's say one player has 2 items in game A in his inventory. Then I create a new game B and I want to grant him the same items from game A on this new game..

There is any way to check and to do that?

Thanks!!

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The inventory system is per-title, so you would need to log the player into title A in order to see his full inventory. However, we specifically designed User Publisher (regular, Read-Only, and Internal) Data as a means to share information cross-title, so that you can enable cross-game rewards, etc. All titles in your studio share the same Publisher ID by default, and if you sign the player in using the same credentials between them, you're actually signing him into the same player account behind the scenes (just with different title-level data).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ariellarias avatar image ariellarias commented ·

Amazing, that's good enough for the use I have in mind. I should just log into one game, check inventory and translate that to the other game. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.