question

Sadegh Broomand avatar image
Sadegh Broomand asked

create a list of players

Hi

I'm working on a game in unity and i want to make a list of players that have a specific PlayerData.

the story is:
players can make animations and share them for 3 hours. when they share an animation i convert it to JSON and send it to Playfab as a PlayerData.
in another section of my game players can see animations of random players and rate them.

I want to make a list of random players that have that specific PlayerData.

I used GetDataReport but it didn't solve my problem.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What you're working on is a User Generated Content service, so the very first thing I'll say is that you need to give thought to how you want to manage that content, if there's any opportunity for offensive or infringing content. And note that if it is in any way possible for players to create that, it's not a question of whether they will, but how often (and that'll be determined by the size of your player base). So unless the content in question is only allowed to be created from a very limited set of base components which can only be organized in ways that give you a fully testable set, you'll need to plan for how you let players report on bad content, how you use those reports (and deal with false reporting), and how you then remove content determined to be bad.

Currently, we don't provide a complete UGC service directly, but it would be possible to build one.

What you would need is to use the Content service for storage (that's a CDN, so the files could then be accessed by all players - in regular User Data, if hundreds of players tried to access the same single piece of data from a single player's account all at once, there would be delays in the responses and possibly timeouts).

Next, you would need to have a custom game server which is the authority for the UGC. To start, this is so that you can ensure that only valid data from your game is written (if we allowed the Client to write directly to the Content service, games would quickly become illegal file-sharing services). That server is then also the means of discovery for content (most recently posted, highest rated, etc.). Obviously, the server is going to be the most complex part of your design, so if you'd like to go into more depth on that, feel free to post any questions on that here, and we'll get you all the info you need.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.