question

durmusalicollu avatar image
durmusalicollu asked

Title Data - Player Data ambiguties

In the developer panel, each Game has it's own Title Data, (Content -> Title Data) I am assuming those information suppose to be related to Title, the game,. Although, when you navigate to Players -> Select any player, there is a "Player Data (Title)" Here you can reach Player's Data, which updated by client or Game Server and there is nothing related to Title Data. Why there is a "Title" word there?

At first, I was assuming, all title data keys and value which I've created, all of them will directly assigned to player's data. But it is not doing any effect. Because of that maybe removing Title word from Player Data side, can be useful. Or explaining that part better can be useful.

Player DataTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The word "title" is there because basic User Data is at the title level for the player. Meaning, each game you have running in the service has a distinct space where the user writes data. By contrast, User Publisher Data lives at the publisher level, meaning it's shared by all the titles you have which share the same Publisher ID (in Settings). The Publisher ID is the same for all titles created in the same studio, by default.

In the Content section of the site, "Title Data" refers to the data you have in your game which is for all users globally. That's a single data space which is sharded and cached so that all players can read from it. You'd store things like game configuration settings, etc., there - that way all players will be using the same data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.