question

cody avatar image
cody asked

Is there an Unreal engine example project 4.15?

Does playfab have an unreal example project made in 4.14 or 4.15 that has most of basic capabilities of playfab already preset ?

I'm looking for something that has a basic user registration/authentication page, match making, player stats, level, inventory, etc

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The matchmaker is actually only for use with custom game servers, so you would need to build a game server project in order to test that. We do have an example project in each of the SDKs which shows how to use the login, data, statistics, etc. calls, however. For "level", I'm guessing you mean what level the player is on in your game (or possibly has achieved, if it's an XP-based level), in which case you would store that as a statistic or in some form of user data (Read Only or Internal, if you want to be able to protect it from a hacked client).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cody avatar image cody commented ·

I see the basic login information blueprints, I've followed the basic API set up tutorials for blueprints. But instead of simply preentering the test login information in the engine, I'm wanting to set up a game registration/login widget blueprint where I enter my username password from inside the game.

I'd like to utilize all of the features playfab has to offer.
Example, a widget where the user registers, a widget where the user is logging in, then a widget to pull all of their information from their account

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan cody commented ·

Got it, thanks. The example project is what we have right now, but we will be investing in additional samples and docs for all the SDKs. I should also point out that if members of the community also would like to contribute to the samples available, we're happy to work with them on adding those to our own GitHub repos, or pointing to theirs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.