question

rafalswiech3 avatar image
rafalswiech3 asked

Playfab + Photon connect players weird problem

I've got problem with Playfab + Photon.

I have created new game in my playfab dashboard, enabled photon multiplayer and its working fine but I've got weird problem.

I have 2 players registered for this game. Both made by me for testing. The problem is that when I'm calling createOrJoinRoom some player joins this room what is impossible because no one can have that game with that source code and PlayFab ID, Photon ID.

What is wrong with that... I have more than 1 game on my playfab account with photon enabled. Are these games connected?

Please help me

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar commented ·

Hi @rafalswiech3,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

"some player joins this room"

Can you please be more specific? What made you say that?

What Photon Realtime SDK are you using? is it PUN?

If it is convenient for you we could continue the discussion on Photon Engine forums.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You'll need to work directly with the Exit Games team on things you see in the Photon Cloud apps themselves, as they created, own, and operate that service (they're our partner, and we've pre-integrated the auth and webhooks, but we can't directly support their service). @Hamza Lazaar can help to get you more info, as well.

As for how your games are related, if you created them in the same Studio in PlayFab, they share the same Publisher ID by default. That means that they share the player accounts (though all forms of User Title Data is distinct per title), but they have separate App IDs in Photon, so they would be creating Rooms that are separate - they shouldn't be able to use each others' Rooms.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rafalswiech3 avatar image rafalswiech3 commented ·

I have fixed my problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rafalswiech3 commented ·

Great! What was the issue, if you don't mind (so that others running into this have some troubleshooting steps they can take)?

0 Likes 0 ·
rafalswiech3 avatar image rafalswiech3 commented ·

This is stupid But I forgot to edit photon ID in PhotonServerSettings

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rafalswiech3 commented ·

No worries - glad to hear you're unblocked!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.