question

Lexeon avatar image
Lexeon asked

Cannot find Admin/DeleteUsers in Unity C#

Hey. Just recently joined the community sometime last week. Discovered PlayFab from the computer science expo at the Microsoft office in Seattle. Gotta say, I really like how PlayFab is used in Unity. It's really easy, in fact I just started using it this weekend and already got it integrated into UNet with a login, registration, lobby, etc. Cheers to the documentation for that.

Anyway, on to the question. I'm trying to delete some test profiles that I made when testing player registration and login (and to allow players to delete their profile). I saw the Admin/DeleteUsers portion of the documentation, however I can't seem to find it in Unity. I'm using C#. Any help is appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You'll specifically need to use the SDK version from the Combined Testing Sample (https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/tree/master/PlayFabCombinedTestingSample/Assets/PlayFabSDK), to do that. We separate them, as you need to be careful to never ship any Server or Admin functionality in your client, as that would mean providing the Secret Key to end-users. Which, in turn, would give them the key to do pretty much anything they want to your game's configuration.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lexeon avatar image
Lexeon answered

From what I understand, this means that there really isn't a safe way to delete a character without the chance of an unwanted user messing with Admin stuffs when shipped. That means I would develop two very similar versions of the game: One version with admin functionality (for me) and one version without (for users).

I guess instead of deleting the account after the game is shipped, if the user wanted to make a new account from the same email, I could just clear all of the user data and change their display name. Thanks for clearing this up.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We specifically only include the Client API calls in the main SDK project, specifically because no title should ever ship with anything else. So yes, any Server or Admin API calls you need to make should only ever be in your own local tools.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.