question

pugalopegames avatar image
pugalopegames asked

Looking For Someone to Teach me PlayFab Over Facebook Call (Willing To Pay),Looking For Someone To teach me over Curse (Willing To Pay)

I have been struggling with playfab and now looking for someone who is willing to answer my questions. As well as walk me through some of the setup. Please Contact me at Chadwick Townsend on facebook.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

To help folks in our developer community consider this, could you provide info on what language/engine you're using, and what your experience level/background is?

1 Like 1 ·
Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Also, if it helps, here is "the gist" of PlayFab that I use with Unity, and really any other language -- here's a freebie:

// PlayFabManager.cs
private const string TITLE_ID = "XXXX";
public static string pfMgr;

void Awake()
{
    pfMgr = this; // Singleton
}

public void DoSomethingWithPlayFab(string somethingINeed, Action<DoSomethingResult> callbackResult, Action<PlayFabError> callbackError)
{
    DoSomethingRequest request = new DoSomethingRequest()
    {
        TITLE_ID,
        somethingINeed
    }

PlayFabClientAPI.GetSomething(request, (result) =>
    {
        // Success
        if (callbackResult != null)
            callbackResult(result);

}, (error) =>
        // Fail
        if (callbackError != null)
            callbackError(error);
    });
}

// SomeDifferentClass.cs
void SomeVoid()
{
    // Do Something >> Call PlayFab
    string somethingINeed = "asdf";
    pfMgr.DoSomethingWithPlayFab(somethingINeed, (result) =>
    {
        // Back to normal code -- do something with the result
    }, (error) =>
    {
        // Fail, log the error or do something about it. Probably return;
    });
}
0 Likes 0 ·
pugalopegames avatar image pugalopegames commented ·

I am a hobbyist game developer using Unity and C#, I have an understanding of the basics but am getting stuck trying to pull data from the website into my project. Currently have login & registration in the project.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

It is still hard to judge how much work(tutoring) is needed here. In game development I find issues novice and intermediate programmers struggle with go "farther back". When a programmer is struggling with say Unity components or, in this case, getting data from the PlayFab service into their game the issue likely is only partially related to the service or tool in question.

I am not sure if anyone has reached out to you yet offering tutoring services, but for anyone experiencing similar feelings reach out to me, @fcg.strunkj, on the PlayFab Community Slack (if you are not on it message devrel@playfab.com about joining). My time is not unlimited but might be able to schedule quick calls to help people figure out if they need help with PlayFab or something else.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.