question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

FB Error validating access token

I was just trying to get friends list and realized the session expired. Am I doing something wrong? I thought once linked with FB, that's all I need to do PlayFab calls like get friends. Does this mean every time I get combined friends, it will popup a login message to login to FB? Can you explain a bit how this works?

(OAuthException - #190) Error validating access token: Session has expired on Friday, 10-Mar-17 01:00:00 PST. The current time is Tuesday, 14-Mar-17 05:01

I assume if I catch this error, I should log the user back into FB with FBI API, then make the PlayFab call again to get friends? Then how do I update PlayFab -- reLink FB?

I'm a bit confused~~

This also got me thinking: If I had Twitch, FB, and possible other integrations -- just getting friends list, would I have to popup like 3 logins just to get this? I must be missing something in the linking process :P

EDIT: I also realized that the entire callback fails (doesn't return other friends) if FB token expired. I'm not sure if this is good or bad thing yet :)

apisFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - for Facebook calls to work, we have to have a valid session token from that service. And the session token we're provided is not infinite or renewable - you need to re-sign the player in with Facebook for us to have a way to make calls on the player's behalf. Twitch is not integrated for the friends list at this time, so it's not a concern at the moment.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.