question

Ilse Mul avatar image
Ilse Mul asked

Docs: Category description not always correct

I noticed in the description of the categories in the docs, there are some descriptions that seem not entirely correct:

On the page PlayFab Client API Categories:

The text says:

LoginWithPlayFab Signs the user into the PlayFab account, returning a session identifier that can subsequently be used for API calls which require an authenticated user. Unlike other login API calls, LoginWithEmailAddress does not permit the creation of new accounts via the CreateAccountFlag. Email accounts must be created using the RegisterPlayFabUser API or added to existing accounts using AddUsernamePassword.

Shouldn't it be:

LoginWithPlayFab instead of LoginWithEmailAddress?

The same goes for

PlayFab API Documentation

Services / Client / LoginWithPlayFab

You can find the same text there.

@Brendan (@Brendan I can't seem to get this to work: You can notify a user about this post by typing @username):

Thanks for answering my ticket! My computer broke down, so I had no access to the site, so I couldn't properly respond anymore.

Have fun creating, everyone!

Content
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling those out - they look like simple copy/paste errors in the docs. We'll get that fixed ASAP. We're actually planning a major re-vamp of the docs and samples in the near future, as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.