question

austerepeasant avatar image
austerepeasant asked

Help me with the VERY basics as3

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Playfab API to work for my game. I am hoping to just have very basic functionality with the API including the following:

- Connect using a Kongregate ID

- Players can save and load user data, including character data

I was also hoping to be able to transfer user data between two different swfs on Kongregate, since I will be relaunching my game next week (assuming I get the integration of online saves complete by then).

I am brand new to Playfab, and using APIs in general. It may be a simple question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how or where to connect to in order to access the api! I know my game code, and I saw the place written "API Endpoint:" https://{gamecode}.playfabapi.com/. But when I want to retrieve the API using an URLRequest I need to target a *.swf file, or some other file... and I don't know what to target! I cannot find any information in any documentation regarding what to actually connect to, even in the SDK - it just has tutorials on how to use their simulated commands.

If someone can help me with this super basic issue, and comment on where to go in order to understand and perform the remaining functions, I would greatly appreciate it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Are you using Unity to build your title, ActionScript, or something else? If it's Unity or AS, the starting place would be one of our SDKs: https://api.playfab.com/sdks/. In each, we have an example project showing how to make some basic calls, including login.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

austerepeasant avatar image austerepeasant commented ·

Thanks Brendan, I've been searching through the SDKs and I think I've fumbled my way through to most of the code I need. How do I delete this post?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan austerepeasant commented ·

It's not really necessary to delete posts, unless there's something sensitive in them. In general, they're here to help folks who find themselves asking the same questions in future.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.