question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

[RESOLVED] API for LoginWithPlayFab is returning "field req'd" when it should be "username not found"

EDIT 2: A user commented the real solution : too many colons, if you look closely. Coincidence I retyped it correctly and didn't realize it was different. Still be aware of other ime though. I typed an entire script with the wrong ime and I'd have mysterious error on Unity until I retyped entire script with USA English. 

EDIT: Well, another case I figured out -- this one was a strange solve. It pissed me off because IT WAS RIGHT! ..but I accidentally had the keyboard in Chinese Unicode - so although I was typing English, it must not have been detected at all because it was "Chinese English". VERY strange... keep this in the back of your head CS guys if you ever hear of something weird like this.

https://i.imgur.com/mb9coJC.png

^ Check out this error

You can see Username was provided. Username asdf doesn't exist, however. I can login via email and fail via email (LoginWithEmailAddress) but LoginWithPlayFab seems buggy.

Can anyone try?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Wooooow. Well, I'm glad you're un-blocked!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bda2206@gmail.com avatar image
bda2206@gmail.com answered

and the "username:" : looks wrong ?

too many colons?

10 |1200

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

NICE you resolved it! It wasn't a UNICODE issue, then. Coincidence I retyped it and it worked because I must've retyped the correct way. 

Whew I love json but sometimes its hard to find a mistake even when staring at it. 

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.