question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

What to use to update custom title data, such as first name last name?

What is the best way to add data after (or during?) a use registers to add stuff like first name, last name, possibly demographics like gender?

I'm using AJAX calls from the website to start. 

I've successfully registered the user via RegisterPlayFabUser, but does not include first or last name.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - we've designed the system around usernames. If for some reason you need to store more information about a player, you would need to use one of the user data systems (User Data, User Read Only Data, User Internal Data, or the publisher data versions of them). I do feel it necessary to highlight for others though, that things like name and demographics are sensitive pieces of data that can cause you problems, in terms of privacy compliance in some regions. It's highly recommended that you check with your own legal counsel if you want to start using that kind of data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

hmmmm... i'm convinced - i'll swap out first/last names for username

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.