question

Pat avatar image
Pat asked

CatalogVerison not working in calling a characters inventory

I have two separate Catalogs: one for items and one for spells. When I call GetCharacterInventory I am passing in the CatalogVerison as well but I am ending up getting all of the items and spells on my character. I made two separate calls one has the results go to the scripts inventory and the other has the results go to the scripts spells. Is this the correct way of doing it or is there a better approach? Also why am I getting the spells catalog in the item call and the item catalog in the spell call?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out. There's an inconsistency in the processing of the catalog version in that code path which had not been spotted to date (sounds like you're the first one to use it to limit the response). I've filed a bug on that, to get it fixed.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pat avatar image Pat commented ·

Okay thanks. Can you let me know when it does get fixed? Also when I try using the call in the documentation with the catalogversion it comes back with null. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Pat commented ·

Yes, we'll post here when it is fixed.

Meanwhile, what comes back as null when you use TryIt? The response is null, the inventory contents? What are the values you're passing in, and what is the Title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat avatar image Pat commented ·

TitleID : AA91

CharacterID : 9863DD60773DDBD9

CatalogVerison : Items

The results come back null. Even if I try it without the CatalogVerison it still comes back with null.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Pat commented ·

It looks like the TryIt call isn't able to make the call in the context of the correct user (since the call itself has to be made in the context of the player who owns the character in question). Thanks again - I'll open a bug with the tools team on this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.