question

curtisaube avatar image
curtisaube asked

Is there a way to change the expiration date of an inventory item instance?,Is there a way tp change the expiration date of a inventory item instance?

Perhaps I'm going about this wrong, but for handling game memberships, I'm granting a user a membership inventory item that I check for each time they login. Initially it's set to not expire, but if the user cancels their membership, I want to set the expiration date of the membership inventory item to the end date of the billing cycle. Is there a way to update the date of an inventory item, or a different way I should be going about this?

Player Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not currently. If you wanted to build a subscription-like model in PlayFab right now, the best way to do that would be by using the Usage Period and Usage Period Group in the item's catalog definition to give you a way to add subscription "increments" to the player's account, for tracking. However, if you're referring to using an external payment provider's auto-renewing payment model, that would not align cleanly to the expiration date in their receipt - for that, we would need to build in specific support.

One thing you could do, however, if you have a Web API query that you're using to validate the info on the payment would be to simply put the information on the player's subscription expiration in User Internal Data, and check it there.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.