question

frozenvortexgames avatar image
frozenvortexgames asked

CancelTrade returning "TradeDoesNotExist" when it does?

Hi there,

I've been working with the Trade features but have ran into many issues recently.

I am using the SharedGroupData method that was demonstrated in the "Do you want to buy a Duck" post.

I can successfully read the trades, display the items on offer etc... Everything there works fine, but when trying to "decline" an offer using the CancelTrade method the TradeDoesNotExist error is thrown.

Can the CancelTrade method only be used by the user that initially created the trade? Because cancelling trades works fine, but declining on the receiving player's side does not.

I am almost 100% certain the tradeId is correct, as it is the tradeID being used to gather data about the trade, which all works fine.

Thanks for you help!

CloudScriptTrading
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For those who haven't seen it the post mentioned above is this one (https://playfab.com/wanna-buy-a-duck-how-to-set-up-trading-in-your-game/). Please be aware that Shared Group Data is only intended as a solution for sharing data between a small number of users - it cannot be used as a way for many users to read/write the same data.

For CancelTrade, that's correct. Only the player offering the trade can cancel it - that way, you can't have a trade that's available for multiple people cancelled by one of them (so that the others can't get it). We'll make sure to update the docs to clarify this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.