question

mark-2 avatar image
mark-2 asked

Alternatives to Action Trigger Due to Limit

I thought action triggers and PlayStream events would be the perfect way to implement functionality into my game until I saw the action trigger limit of 3 free. I am new to PlayFab and want to understand my options other then action triggers. Are the options to either directly call multiple APIs to grant items, etc. or to call a CloudScript function that would then call multiple APIs? Any thoughts to a 12-month free tier with higher limits to those getting started?

apisCloudScriptPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The free tier is intended for developers to get a feel for how the system works, and for small indies/hobbyists to have a way to ship their experimental ideas without taking risks on costs they might incur. However, the limits do need to be fairly low for that, as it does still cost money for us to operate. If you need higher limits than those offered in the free tier, I would have to recommend using the available upgrades or working with us on a specific contract.

But for your game specifically, can you describe in more detail what it is you're trying to do? How often would these triggers be fired by your design, and what all would they be doing? Another thing to bear in mind is that PlayFab is not intended to be a replacement for the kinds of things you really need a custom game server to do - high frequency data interactions, for example.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.