question

mustafa avatar image
mustafa asked

google account linking not being shown in the player profile

Hello , I am trying to link the google play services account with an already existing account on playfab , I am able to link and I am able to retrieve google related data from the profile successfully in the game , However the player profile is not showing any added account when I link successfully . Is this normal?

Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

How long ago was the account linked with the Google account info? There was an issue previously which caused the information in the Game Manager to be incorrect on the player Overview tab, but we've since corrected that. Accounts which were linked to Google before that fix (a couple of weeks ago) are missing that info in the Game Manager, but a) the accounts are correctly linked, which you can check in Postman, b) if you unlink and re-link the account, the Overview tab will be corrected, and c) we'll be running a script to check and correct the Overview tab info for player accounts as soon as we can.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

What is the Title ID and PlayFab ID in question, so that we can have a look at the player account and its PlayStream events?

0 Likes 0 ·
mustafa avatar image mustafa brendan commented ·

Hello ,

The title ID is 374 and the player playfabID is 323305EF089C95D7

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

I linked a Google account today, then unlinked device Id. Now Game Manager shows that none accounts are linked.

In Postman it is OK.

Title id 1941, player Id 738F83CC55E14F6

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

That's a known issue with the Game Manager. In short, the Game Manager shows the profile-based information built from the PlayStream events, and there's a missing event for Google accounts. We'll have that fixed shortly. If you check the account via GetUserAccountInfo, you'll see that the Google account is linked (and, of course, if you try to log in with it, you'll see that it works fine).

0 Likes 0 ·
andrew@spryfox.com avatar image andrew@spryfox.com commented ·

I'm seeing this today as well - a user that's a week or two old, has an android device ID, linked google account today, but google is not showing up in the player's account info. I can log in with google successfully on-device, which shows up in the stream, but the link event does not. Player FC5779E891C6A211 on title 80CD.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew@spryfox.com commented ·

The fix for this is currently in test, and should be pushed live this week.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.