question

roger.olier@gmail.com avatar image
roger.olier@gmail.com asked

Custom server error to upload

Hi!

I'm trying to upload a custom server (from https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer ), but it always show this error "The field Max instances per host must be between 1 and 1000."

I'm unable to find where or how I set that data, the only info I found is using a url to upload the build, but there is no info about how to set it using the developer web.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ronan Doherty avatar image
Ronan Doherty answered

I'm getting the same problem here uploading through the 'Servers->Builds' tab. The upload fails between 2% and 20% completion.

The error seems to alternate between the following two errors. "The field Max instances per host must be between 1 and 1000"

"An error occurred while loading data from the server. PlayFab engineers have been notified of the issue and will investigate."

This is my first time trying to upload a build. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Firefox and Opera have no add-ons or extra security that could be interfering.

My build is 48mb zipped, 115mb unzipped and is a standard UE4 shipping server build. I've tried making the .zip in 7zip, WinRar and directly in windows.

I've disabled Kaspersky, my security software.

That's all the steps I've gone through. Any thoughts or a workaround would be great.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We were just talking about this with a couple of developers who've experienced it at this past week's PlayFab Developer Workshop, in between sessions. To date, we've yet to get a repro from anyone that reproduces this behavior consistently at our office - the one time we did see it, we couldn't get it to repro after that regardless of what we tried. At this point, it appears to be something going wrong in the communication with S3 from the developer's PC, but we're still very interested in getting any possible repro case from developers. Ronan, can you provide us with a link to download your build so that we can test it? Also, can you give us some details on your specifics: whether this failure occurs at your office or home, what your network setup is like (in particular, if you have any kind of firewall), and where you're located?

10 |1200

Ronan Doherty avatar image
Ronan Doherty answered

Hi Brendan.

I'm uploading at home on a standard home wifi network. I cant remember the exact connection speed but effectively i get 2MB down, 500kb up with very little package loss last time I tested. I use Kaspersky Total Security as my firewall, I have tried disabling it to upload but no joy. Windows firewall is disabled.

I've tried uploading from a second computer, on the same network, but again no joy.

I'm based in Ireland so I'm likely connecting to an Amazon EU-West server.

I emailed a link to my server to devrel@playfab.com. I found that email address on another post, let me know if it's incorrect. Also let me know if you need any more information. I have my own server for testing so i'm not held up by this but I'm looking forward to implementing Playfab for matchmaking.

Thanks.

3 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Thanks - that's good info. You're actually connecting to AWS USWest to upload the builds, as that's where our core service resides. You can confirm this by using GetServerBuildUploadUrl to attempt to upload your build, which would be a good test for you to try, to see if that route has the same issue. Could you give that a shot, and send us the details of the URL you get (without the signature), and the results of the attempt to upload to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ronan Doherty avatar image Ronan Doherty brendan commented ·

I'll give that a shot over the next couple of days. Does GetServerBuildUploadUrl return an address I can connect to with an FTP client? I'm not all that experienced with networking outside of Unreal servers and setting up some AWS instances, so I may have some more questions when i get round to it. If you know of an similar example on the forums that would get me started that would be useful.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Ronan Doherty commented ·

No, but you can upload to it using the cURL method described in this write-up: https://playfab.com/how-use-playfabs-content-management-api/

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image
starkgaminginc answered

This is now happening to me as well! Was there ever a resolution? I am going through the API upload steps.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

To date, every time we've heard this reported and gotten a copy of the build here, it hasn't been reproducible. As far as we can tell, it's due to a poor network connection between endpoints causing a timeout on the upload. Can you re-try, using the cURL method, as described above?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.