question

bluksmat avatar image
bluksmat asked

Can not change display name for users.

Hi,

Since yesterday I can't change user DisplayName.

I tried:
- Changeing DisplayName from website on Firefox and Chrome.

- Calling Admin API for specyfic user for my project.

- Trying both previus in another project with difrent TitleID. (same issue)

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you please provide the Title ID, a specific PlayFab ID for a user where you're seeing this issue, and the Display Name you are attempting to set?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bluksmat avatar image bluksmat commented ·

Hi Brendan,
Title ID of both tested projects: BB5F and 23A9.
I had this problem with all PlayFab ID. For example 26C94AA98B722DE7.
I wanted to change Display Name to "Antek". Every time i tried to refresh Player Manager (in your website) or even close website and re-login and repeat process i had same issue.
I tried run Admin API manually from Documentation site. the response was been correct but in Player Manager I had still old Display Name.

I checked next day and now for me everything back to normal.

There is still bug when I try update Display Name by clicking "Update PlayFab Account" in Website and I have to refresh my browser (F5) to see difference but everything other work perfect and Display Name is set properly and instantly from my field of view (same in game).

Thanks for fast response. ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan bluksmat commented ·

Okay, so to be clear then, you're not having any problems with renaming players at this point, apart from the fact that you need to refresh the browser when renaming a player on the player overview tab - is that correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz bluksmat commented ·

You have to wait few seconds before changes are applied.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.