question

tomasvymazal avatar image
tomasvymazal asked

PlayFab login/link to Steam on mobile devices

Hi,

I would like to know whether are we able to use https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/LoginWithSteam in the game that is running on the mobile device (iOS/Android in Unity3d engine). As I understand, I need a Steam Session Ticket which is to be found via Steamworks SDK. But as I understand, there is no Steamworks SDK for mobile devices. So am I right saying that this login/link option is available only on desktop platforms?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - to use LoginWithSteam, you would need to have a Steam Session Ticket. Which means that you're really only able to use it in a title which runs on a platform that Steam has enabled (Windows and Mac). However, you can also link many other account types to that PlayFab account (Facebook, Twitch, etc.), which would allow you to access the account and all of its data from other devices, like mobiles.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.