question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

How to add PayPal to a game

Question from a developer:

I want to add a store in my game where players can buy things using PayPal. How do I set this up to work? Will the player automatically be redirected to PayPal.com whenever they try to purchase something? How would I verify a purchase and how do I grant the items the player bought?

In-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For PayPal (or the other non-receipt purchasing systems), we have a complete guide to the process here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/non-receipt-purchasing. In short, once you have your catalog set up and your PayPal configuration info in the service, you'll be able to make purchases (in the catalog prices RM is USD pennies, so 199 RM is $1.99 USD). The purchase process is what grants the item(s), since the way we've designed the service is for secure purchases - that way, players can't cheat the system to get things they didn't pay for (which is what happens if the process is that the client verifies the purchase, and then the client requests the grant based on that). Our service is Web API based, and we do not control the presentation layer to the player. So apart from Steam (which has the Steam client running at all times), you would need to pop up the payment confirmation window for the payment provider for non-receipt purchases, since that communication has to be directly between the client and the payment provider, for security.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.