question

removed avatar image
removed asked

"Recharge rate must be less than maximum amount."

I'd like to create a new virtual currency.

I'd like the player to initially get 3 units and the maximum amount of units a player can have is 3 (so the player starts with the maximum amount possible). So I set Initial Deposit = 3 and Maximum Amount = 3.

I'd also like this VC to recharge. 1 unit per hour so I set Recharge Rate (units/day) = 24. This VC should always be recharging (never stops) so I set Maximum Amount = 25.

But Recharge Rate is giving me the error "Recharge rate must be less than maximum amount." Even if I set Recharge Rate to 1, I still get this error.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, please ignore "Maximum amount" for now. That was intended to be the maximum amount a user's VC could be set to by any means, including purchases, but that logic is not enabled currently, as it would be a breaking change to existing titles, potentially.

The way to configure a regenerating currency is with:

Initial deposit: The starting balance for all players

Recharge rate: The number of units per 24 hour period that the currency will automatically regenerate for all players, distributed evenly across that 24 hour period

Recharge maximum: The maximum amount that the currency can recharge up to, at which point the currency can still be added to if it's not yet at the "maximum amount", but it cannot recharge any more

The only way I can get the error you mention is by setting the "maximum amount" below the recharge maximum. If you're seeing another case where it can occur, can you provide the specific inputs for each field. Using the values above, there's no recharge maximum specified, which would return the error "A value is required".

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.