question

npoursin avatar image
npoursin asked

How to Limit the number of simultaneous connections for a player

Hi,

I use the E-Mail connection mode, but the connections are successful even if I'm already connected.

How to manage the multi connection of a player, to prohibit it

Thank you

Nicolas

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As with the other post, can you please provide more context? Are you referring to using LoginWithEmailAddress (and RegisterPlayFabUser to set up the account)? An email address can only be associated with a single user account, per Publisher ID, in PlayFab. What are the specifics of the call(s) you're making, what are you seeing in response, and what are you expecting if you feel it's incorrect?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

npoursin avatar image npoursin commented ·

Hi,

Yes indeed, I'm talking about a "player" account that would have been created with the "RegisterPlayFabUser"

If I run 2 instances of the game, I can connect with the same players on both instances. I would like to forbid that ...Or to have the possibility that a new connection is outstanding with an account already in use

Thank you

Nicolas

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan npoursin commented ·

Got it, thanks. We have a fairly complete overview of this topic in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/382/206721757-How-to-prevent-duplicate-login-.html. Could you have a look at that, and post any follow-up questions you have there?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.