question

Christian Söllner avatar image
Christian Söllner asked

[SDK] Windows 10 Universal

Hey guys,

just wanted to ask for a quick update if development for Unity Universal Windows 10 Apps is still active. I think the last time I asked the problem was the JSON library and that you will fix it sometime after GDC?

Kind Regards,

Chris

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - the move to SimpleJSON was intended to resolve those issues, so glad to hear it's working for you, now. We are about to make one more update, so that for cases where SimpleJSON isn't ideal, you'll be able to use a different serializer. I'm talking to the tools team about posting a more complete write-up of the JSON changes, as it has been troublesome for some developers.

On the Windows front, the work to provide for that platform is still further out. Unfortunately, we still have a relatively small number of developers asking for this, so it's hard to prioritize it over work that impacts more of the development community. It is something we want to take care of as soon as we can, but I'm afraid we can't provide a date for that yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christian Söllner avatar image
Christian Söllner answered

Ok, just switched over to IL2CPP and it's building completely without errors atm. Didn't notice that you already have fixed the JSON problems, I thought the last huge JSON update would just fix some smaller errors

Thank you very much!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.