question

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image
lingzhuzhang2020 asked

What is the maximum friends number?

I planned to make a dummy user, which could provide some simple interactions with real players. I can't find information about the limits.

Since your AddFriend() is one-way, I think I can make real players as "followers" of that dummy user. Is there a maximum number of followers?

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The issue with this is that player data is not sharded or cached, so you cannot use a single "dummy" player account to share data across a large number of players, as that will not work. If you need to share data across all players, you would need to use Title Data, so that all players can read it (since it is distributed - you would only update this occasionally via your own tools, but all players have access). If you're attempting to build a system that is designed for both read and write across many players, we should have a more in-depth conversation on the core gameplay you are attempting to create, so that we can advise you on the best approach.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.