question

jimbobrlw avatar image
jimbobrlw asked

Find out what percentile a player is in on the leaderboard

I'm trying to build a system where players can see what percentage of players they beat with their last high score. The general idea here is to show players as few blocks of numbers as possible, while also rewarding hackers less by now showing other players their name.

I was wondering if there was a good way to do this? If i could poll the length of the leaderboard or something, then pull a few scores to build a pseudo bell curve or something. But I'm not sure how to best approach this.

Thanks

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What we're working on for our update to leaderboards will include the ability to get details like the overall number of players. So you would be able to present a leaderboard, showing both the scores around the player and the overall percentile, but to be able to present something more skin to a graph showing the clustering of scores would require a more complete analysis of all the scores in the leaderboard. For that, I'd have to recommend using one of our integrated analytics partners, or else your own analysis using the Event Archive data. All statistics reports are automatically logged as events, so you would have all the data you need by default.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kzarczynski avatar image kzarczynski commented ·

Has this been added yet? (I mean the percentile thing?). Thanks.

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kzarczynski commented ·

No, sorry - the statistics work got pushed out. Right now, I don't have a specific date for when we'll be able to provide this, but it is still in our backlog.

0 Likes 0 ·
tesla avatar image tesla commented ·

Same question, any update for this?

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan tesla commented ·

We will be posting to our blog as soon as we can share more information on when you can expect the new statistics/leaderboard service.

0 Likes 0 ·
Elija Kaphengst avatar image Elija Kaphengst commented ·

what's about now?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Elija Kaphengst commented ·

Again, as soon as we have an update on this feature, there will be a blog post to let everyone know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.