question

Evan avatar image
Evan asked

Paypal ConfirmPayment error: "PayerID is missing"

I'm trying to use Playfab to process Paypal payments for my game. Browser/Javascript SDK. I'm following the docs at https://api.playfab.com/docs/non-receipt-purchasing .

StartPurchase and PayForPurchase succeed, I redirect to PurchaseConfirmationPageURL, login to Paypal with my buyer account and click "Pay now", and Paypal redirects to the return link I specified in the Playfab addon. All good so far.

Next step is ConfirmPurchase, but it returns "Express Checkout PayerID is missing". Payer ID isn't mentioned anywhere in the docs I read, or in the StartPurchase/PayForPurchase/ConfirmPurchase api docs. I've tried a few times with a few different payment sources. What am I doing wrong?

Full error response:

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"FailedByPaymentProvider","errorCode":1015,"errorMessage":"Failed by payment provider","errorDetails":{"ProviderErrorCode":["1"],"ProviderErrorMessage":["Failure"],"ProviderErrorDetails":["FinalizeTransaction failed, Ack=FailureExpress Checkout PayerID is missing.\r\n"],"ProviderOrderId":[null]},"CallBackTimeMS":1864}
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you check that in the Add-ons page for the title in question, that you have configured PayPal with the merchant ID for your account?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

abdulmunim2005 avatar image abdulmunim2005 commented ·
@Brendan

In my title I have configured it but still getting the same problem (Title ID :3842)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan abdulmunim2005 commented ·

Right now, it's set to your email, which should technically work, but can you try changing it to your actual Merchant ID?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.