question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

Is there any new information about c# cloud scripting and when you are able to realease it?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, we do not post release dates for any work which is not actively in progress. As a live service, our priorities (and so, schedule) can change at a moment's notice, and we do not want anyone taking a dependency on us for a release we cannot guarantee. As soon as we're able to provide more info on the C# version of Cloud Script, we will be posting about it, you can be sure.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image My Game Studio commented ·

Ok thank you. By the way: thank your for your great work and service at playfab! I love to work with it.

1 Like 1 ·
gevarre avatar image gevarre commented ·

Still waiting on this. Look at the original date of this post. And this was voted "best answer" on your forum page? what's the hold-up?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gevarre commented ·

A question posted does not enter the concept into a FIFO queue of work. All feature requests are prioritized based upon a number of factors, with the number of developers asking for any given feature being important. So just because A was asked before B does not mean A will happen before B. It could be that two people asked for A, while 200 asked for B.

Now, that said, and now that we're part of Microsoft, we're having a look at some options now available to us for ways to enable C# (and longer-running) server-hosted logic for titles. We hope to be able to provide more info on this post-GDC.

0 Likes 0 ·
kennyroy avatar image kennyroy brendan commented ·

Hell yeah.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.