question

Daniel Kiefer avatar image
Daniel Kiefer asked

Setting up the Economy the right way

Hi,

so i now wanted to start setting up the In App Economy, and i have a hard time doing it. I watch the videos but the dashboard looks different and i can't really figure it out.

What i want to do is offer 6 kind of different in app purchases which when bought transfer into a virtual currency.

So i first create a new currency. Then i make my Bundle? In the bundle i define the bundle content with the virtual currency and in the price i put in the Real Money Value of the Store? Is this only needed for statistics because the Real Money value can differ from country to country...

Then i need these bundles to be consumables. But Consumables only save when i enter a value in by count or by time. What does this mean? Consume by count i can only by 5?Consume by time 5 seconds, i have to wait 5 seconds to buy again? what value do i have to put so the user can buy unlimited number of these in app? 

Now there is this Store tab, what is this for? i can increase and decrease values. What is with the RM things? i mean these are fixed in google play and apple right? so decreasing these to 10% gives me what? A false statistic? 

Is the store then kind of an overwrite of the bundles? 

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we just completed a major update to the Game Manager, so the look is now very different. One advantage to the new layout is that we've made the relationship of catalogs to bundles, containers, drop tables, and stores much more explicit (they were always specific to a catalog, but that wasn't apparent in the old layout).

To answer your questions:

Yes, to sell VC to a player, you would create a bundle and put it in there. You can set the bundle to expire after 1 second, so that it doesn't clutter the player's inventory (the usage period specifically means "an instance of this item will go away after this long" - players could still buy as many of it as they want to in that time). The RM (Real Money) price is something you should add, though whether you actually need it depends upon the payment systems you use. If you only use receipt validation, we pull the price from what you pass to us in that call. If not though, the RM price is used to calculate the price sent to the payment provider (and we do provide for currency conversion for services like Steam).

Stores are specifically sub-sets of items from the catalog. You can use this to make collections of items that are specific to character types or player levels, as well as to provide "sale" pricing for special events. The original design of the service was that all items for the game would live in a single catalog, with the title updating the catalog for new items (and removing old ones) when the game itself was versioned (hence, the reason the ID for the catalog is Version). So Stores give you a way to make groupings.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.