question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Playfab client APIs fail to register from users in Europe

We thought this was a cloudscript error. But now we changed the call to include a bundle in a catalog, to test it with the client purchase method.

First of all when I monitor a player form Europe I can't see their playstream till long after. Like 20 minutes later, maybe. I am in the US, west. They don't get any errors and we don't get any feedback. The calls just never get executed. The same code works for 90% of the players. But we have had constant problems from players in Europe that do not get their items.

We use the purchase item request. What would be the result if nothing happened? Would it be an error or an empty success?

Player Inventory
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

The player that we know has had problems 100% of the time is from Nuneaton, UK. He is able to play the game and some scripts go through fine. Is just when we grant items that they don't get it. With cloudscript or with purchase request.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The purchase item request either get a successful result containing the item the player bought or get an error. You mention that the CloudScript also cannot grant items to this player, do you mean that the CloudScript works without error, but the player doesn’t get the item? May I know your Title Id and the PlayFabId of that player?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

I can't give that out on a public forum for security reasons. We have about 200k plus players, not all active. But out of all the players the few that get the bug, are all in UK.

The problem is we don't get the function call on playfab. So even if streaming is set to true there is no stream coming in. As if they never made the call. So we can't debug. The same code works for the rest of the players. The game is on app lab. This problem happens for cloudscript and for purchase request. The biggest problem is that this happens with transactions, so we can't ask players to spend more money to test. We don't have developers in Europe who can test this. Is there an email we can reach out to for support? Then we can give the title id and playfab id in a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao george@thenuum.com commented ·

This issue seems to be a network issue or an ISP issue. You may let the UK players use a VPN to play your game to see if the issue persists. If you have any users who are familiar with Wireshark, getting a network capture is usually a big help. Otherwise, the best thing you can advise is that they try logging in from a different machine, and at a different location.

0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Gosen Gao commented ·

Sorry but the machine is the oculus quest 2. There is no other machine. Everyone has the same headset and hardware.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.