question

Stefano Zinna avatar image
Stefano Zinna asked

How to avoid that player is present in leaderboard with 2 accounts: 1) login with email and 2) login with mobile ID?

In my game the players can decide to create an account by email at any time. If they are already present in the leaderboard and they decide to create an account and login with email their score is present 2 times. It is possible to remove the score that they create when they login with mobile ID?

Account ManagementLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

The best way to avoid duplicated accounts is linking accounts. You can link anonymous accounts to recoverable accounts. For instance, you can bind mobile id with email login account by calling the appropriate LinkAndroidDeviceID, LinkIOSDeviceID, or other device-specific API call. For more information, you can refer to Account linking quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

For those accounts that have already been duplicated, you may force link them and delete other accounts after warn players.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stefano Zinna avatar image Stefano Zinna commented ·

Hello.

Thank you for the reply. I looked at this post: https://community.playfab.com/questions/44739/unique-account-per-device.html

However even if the link is successful the old score (when I login with device ID) is present in the leader board. After I login with email&password a new score is created in the leader board so I see 2 for the same player.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui Stefano Zinna commented ·

Like I mentioned above, for the previous duplicated accounts, you need to delete other master player accounts and only retain a single account that can be linked to other login methods. When you delete a master player account, the old statistics will be removed as well.

And again, for the new accounts, if you linked other login methods successfully, there will be a unique master player account which has unique statistics.

If you delete the duplicated accounts and the issue still persists, please provide your titleId, the PlayFabIds for player accounts and statistics name for us to further investigate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefano Zinna avatar image
Stefano Zinna answered

Hello.

I actually use LinkAndroidDeviceID. Let's say that Account A is created with login with mobile ID and Account B is created once I login with Email. In the leaderboard it is present the score when the player used Account A and no score for Account B. Hence in the creation of account B I also copied their score for the new account. However now there are 2 scores: one for account A (that will never be used again) and one for account B.
Is there a different/better way to transfer the score from Account A to B and avoid duplicate?

P.S. I though I have replied long ago but I don't see my reply anymore ...

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.