question

Eden avatar image
Eden asked

Qos servers IPs addresses

Hello,

I' currently implementing a service to monitor our playfab title instance. We're using exclusively the Party module, which works great on my local machine, but we're having some trouble when it has to run on a server, behind a firewall.

We have outbound filtering in our hosting solution, so we need to whitelist

*cloudapp.azure.com (UDP) *playfabapi.com (HTTP/HTTPS)

The issue reside in the fact that the route ListQosServersForTitle will return the Qos beacons' IPs we need to ping using UDP, which would be blocked by the firewall.

I saw on https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/service-tags-overview#service-tags-on-premises that you are offering a CIDR json file with the potential IPs addresses, but i'm not seeing any of the Qos beacons' IPs in that file.

Can you refer me to the correct way to sync our firewalls outbound filtering rules with domains/IPs to so we're able to ping correctly the Qos servers and use Party (create network, connect, etc)

Thanks !

multiplayersupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Please note that PlayFab Party is currently not intended to be used for dedicated server scenarios. Party is aimed at titles which are doing client to client / client-hosted implementations and Party helps navigate situations where the host running on a client device (e.g. an Xbox console) is behind a router/firewall and may have strict or moderate NAT types by utilizing relayed connections.

Port Usage and Firewall Requirements also said,

Filtering remote IP addresses for UDP connectivity via domain name resolution is possible but strongly discouraged. Currently all connections to transparent cloud relay servers will resolve names of the form *.cloudapp.azure.com, but this pattern is subject to change without notice. Restricting UDP connectivity to only IP addresses resolved by names will also prevent direct peer-to-peer connection.

Thus, we'd suggest you use other ways to monitor your PlayFab title instance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.