question

immersionfields avatar image
immersionfields asked

Unreal Engine LoginWithSteam Request Time Out

I have seen a few topics with this issue but none of them had the answer. I am using Steam SDK and Playfab SDK, and do not use the OSS plugin.

Upon successfully obtaining a steam authentication ticket I do the following:

image.png

Unfortunately the request keeps timing out.

Authentication
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

immersionfields avatar image immersionfields commented ·

By the way, the call works fine from postman.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·
 void ALoginToPlayfabWithSteam::Login()
 {
   ClientModels::FLoginWithSteamRequest request;
   FString ticket = FString::FromHexBlob(static_cast<uint8*>(pTicket), pcbTicket);
   request.TitleId = FString("2C1DE");
   request.CreateAccount = true;
   request.SteamTicket = ticket;
   PlayFabClientPtr clientAPI = IPlayFabModuleInterface::Get().GetClientAPI();
   clientAPI->LoginWithSteam(request,
       UPlayFabClientAPI::FLoginWithSteamDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &ALoginToPlayfabWithSteam::OnLoginSuccess),
       FPlayFabErrorDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &ALoginToPlayfabWithSteam::OnLoginError));
 }

void ALoginToPlayfabWithSteam::OnLoginSuccess(const ClientModels::FLoginResult& Result)
 {
   if (GEngine)
   {
       GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 5.f, FColor::Green, TEXT("Successfuly logged in"));
   }
 }

void ALoginToPlayfabWithSteam::OnLoginError(const FPlayFabCppError& ErrorResult)
 {
   if (GEngine)
   {
       GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 5.f, FColor::Green, TEXT("Login error: ") + ErrorResult.ErrorMessage);
   }
 }
0 Likes 0 ·
immersionfields avatar image immersionfields commented ·

I managed to solve it by adding the titleid to the endpoint directly. I'm not sure whether or not it is the intended behavior but it seems like adding it to the request does not change the endpoint.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
immersionfields avatar image
immersionfields answered

Turns out adding titleid does not change the endpoint, I'm pretty sure that it is not the intended behavior but I added our titleid to the

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

Did you solve this issue? If not, could you please provide a Fiddler trace for us to diagnose it? And what do you mean by “adding the titleid to the endpoint directly.”?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.