question

joe.lavoine@gmail.com avatar image
joe.lavoine@gmail.com asked

API call limit from cloud script, what counts?

Hello,

How does the cloud script API call limit of 10 work/enforced? I was worried I might hit it for one call, so I created a test call that calls server.GetUserInternalData() 12 times, just to see what happened, but the function executed just fine.

I think I can stay within the limit of 10 just fine, but I was worried I wouldn't know if it happened by accident. Am I understanding the limit of 10 incorrectly? (is it different API methods?).

Thanks,

Joe

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The limit for execution in a single call to Cloud Script is indeed 10 API calls. We're not strictly enforcing this for titles in development right now, so I can see where this could be confusing. We'll have an upgrade system available in the Game Manager this week which will give you the ability to select a higher rate for your title, if needed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joe.lavoine@gmail.com avatar image
joe.lavoine@gmail.com answered

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the quick response. Love the service and very excited to use it. I'll look forward to the upgrade system. Like I said, it's all completely reasonable, I'd just rather find out (in development) that I may be exceeding the limit instead of once a game goes live =)

Thanks,

Joe

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Indeed, part of the new upgrade system is a better way to monitor your current usage, so that you can determine how close you are to needing more (or to needing to optimize).  :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.