question

Anatoly Volnov avatar image
Anatoly Volnov asked

UGC Getting top rated items that update average ratings more often than 4-8h

Hi, is there a way that I'm missing to get top rated items from the UGC catalog where ratings are indexed more often than the 4-8 hours that we get with SearchItems, or am I basically stuck using GetItemReviewSummary for each item in the catalog and sorting myself? From what I gather this would be pretty computationally expensive for a catalog of 200-500 items considering each item creates a request.

15-30 minutes would be enough temporal resolution for my case. Thanks!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

According to Adding ratings to your content - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, if you want to get updated ratings within 30 minutes, you need to use Direct Ratings (GetItemReviews, etc.). Although it would be computationally expensive for calling too many APIs.

If you accept longer update delay, you can use Catalog Item Ratings (SearchItems, etc.) to avoid calling too many APIs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.